Daily Current Affairs Feb 26
|This Day in History|
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Feb 26
GoM proposes April 1 date for e-way bill rollout.
- The group of ministers recommended the mandatory use of e-way bills to track the interstate movement of goods from April 1.
- Bihar deputy CM Sushil Kumar Modi, who heads the GoM, said the panel has suggested that intra-state movement should be included in the new electronic tracking system.
- GST Council, headed by finance minister Arun Jaitley, will finalise the details next month.
From March 6, India to host naval exercise amid China’s manoeuvring in high seas.
- India will host navies from at least 16 countries for an eight-day mega naval exercise from March 6 with an aim to expand regional cooperation and combat.
- The biennial exercise ‘Milan’ is being organised at the Andaman and Nicobar Islands in the backdrop of China’s growing military posturing.
- He said the countries which are participating in the exercise include Australia, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Myanmar.
- The other countries are New Zealand, Oman, Vietnam, Thailand, Tanzania, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Kenya and Cambodia.
Read More Latest Maru Gujarat Current Affairs
Rahul Gandhi flags off Vrukshathon 2018 half marathon in Karnataka.
- Congress president Rahul Gandhi on Sunday flagged off a marathon to promote the environment and ran with a few participants at the historic Gol Gumbaz monument in north Karnataka’s Vijayapura district.
- Clad in the yellow T-shirt and blue jeans, Gandhi joined party’s state unit leaders and cadres who assembled at the 17th-century tomb.
- Gandhi is on a three-day visit to the state’s northern region since Saturday on the Jan Ashirwada Yatra ahead of the state assembly elections.
Andhra govt to go fully online by March-end, says Chandrababu Naidu.
- Andhra Pradesh chief minister Chandrababu Naidu said on Sunday the government will go completely go online by March-end.
- Naidu also said his government was making efforts towards real-time governance with cutting-edge technology.
- He said by using technology, the state will be able to monitor every aspect of governance.
Isro’s new communication satellites to usher in the high-speed internet era.
- Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) is planning to usher in an age of high-speed internet connectivity in the country.
- Isro chairman Dr K Sivan said we will launch Gsat-11 in April or May.
- Around the same time in May, Isro will launch Gsat-29 through our GSLV Mk III rocket from Sriharikota.
India reaches out, invites Pakistan Minister for WTO talks in Delhi.
- India has invited its Commerce Minister, Pervaiz Malik, to participate in the informal WTO ministerial meeting.
- The invitation to Malik comes in the wake of the late-December secret back-channel negotiations between the two national security advisors.
- As the decision to participate in the SAARC summit, to be held in Pakistan, comes up again for consideration by the Centre.
Latest International Current Affairs Feb 26 Updates from around the globe.
Germany’s Merkel to name her team for new Cabinet.
- Chancellor Angela Merkel is preparing to name her ministerial team for a new German government.
- Merkel has signalled she will put fresh faces in her Cabinet after a coalition deals with the centre-left Social Democrats.
- The deal must still be approved in a ballot of the Social Democrats’ members to take effect.
China shuts down 3,908 websites in piracy crackdown.
- Nearly 3,900 websites have been shut down for infringement in a crackdown by China’s copyright watchdog in the past five years.
- National Copyright Administration investigated 22,568 piracy cases nationwide and deleted more than six million links to pirated publications during the period.
- China’s copyright watchdog today said that 3,908 websites have been shut down in a crackdown on copyright infringement in the past five years.
India congratulates China for becoming vice chair of FATF.
- Financial Action Task Force, India on Sunday congratulated China for becoming the vice chair of the global body.
- The FATF placed Pakistan under monitoring in its International Cooperation Review Group until June 2018 for compliance with Anti-Money Laundering.
- This came with India’s assurance to China that it will support Beijing’s leadership role in FATF.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Feb 26 updates by reading the news.
Samsung unveils S9 at Mobile World Congress.
- Samsung on Sunday launched its latest flagship smartphones, Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain.
- The phones come packed with new-age tech features like AR Emojis; facial and iris recognition; and Samsung’s voice assistant.
- In an attempt to take on Apple’s Animoji’s, Samsung has introduced AR emojis.
Dropbox files for the public stock offering of $500 million.
- Dropbox filed for an initial public offering, seeking to raise an estimated $500 million for the Silicon Valley cloud computing storage startup.
- The San Francisco company claimed 500 million users in 180 countries and $1 billion in annual revenues.
- Dropbox said its shares will trade on the Nasdaq under the symbol “DBX.”
DRDO successfully carries out a test flight of Rustom 2 drone in Karnataka.
- India’s premier defence research institute DRDO carried out “successful” test flight of its Rustom 2 drone.
- Rustom 2 is being developed along the lines of predator drones of the US to carry out surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) roles.
- DRDO successfully flew its Rustom 2 at its Aeronautical Test Range (ATR) at Chalakere at Chitradurga.
Know the latest agreement updates by reading Current Affairs Feb 26
Reliance inks MoUs with Andhra Pradesh government for Rs 52,000-crore investment.
- Reliance Industries Limited on Sunday inked two agreements with the state government promising a total investment of Rs 52,000 crore in oil and gas and electronics sectors.
- The Reliance will invest about 6 billion USD about Rs (37,000 crores) in an oil and gas venture in AP.
- It will invest another Rs 15,000 crore in an electronics manufacturing plant near Tirupati.
Food processing sector signs 168 MoUs with the state, proposes to invest Rs 3,424 Cr.
- The Andhra Pradesh government signed 168 Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) with the food processing sector.
- The food processing industry is proposing to invest Rs 3,424 crore in the sector.
India Gas Solutions signs MoU with AP to create marketing infra for natural gas.
- India Gas Solutions Pvt Ltd, the equal joint venture between Reliance Industries and UK’s BP plc signed an agreement with Andhra Pradesh government.
- The joint venture is now actively marketing natural gas produced from the eastern offshore KG-D6 block.
- It is also in the early stages of exploring opportunities for participating in the gas value chain in Andhra Pradesh.
Current Affairs Feb 26 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Manchester City thrash Arsenal to win League Cup.
- Pep Guardiola claimed his maiden English silverware as his side thrashed Arsenal 3-0 in the League Cup final.
- Arsenal’s fans left in droves in the final 20 minutes while City’s fans decorated the stadium with sky blue.
- City won the trophy for the first time since 1993.
Sameer Verma lifts Swiss Open title.
- Indian shuttler Sameer Verma dished out a clinical performance to outwit former world no 2 Jan O Jorgensen.
- He won the men’s singles title at the $150,000 Swiss Open Super 300 tournament.
- Sameer opened up a 3-0 lead early and capitalised on it to enter the break with an 11-7 advantage.