Daily Current Affairs April 14
|This Day in History|
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs April 14
Sushma, Afghanistan defence minister talk on terror.
- External affairs minister Sushma Swaraj and Afghanistan defence minister Tariq Shah Bahrami discussed on Friday.
- Swaraj conveyed India’s support for the efforts of the government and the people of Afghanistan for building a peaceful, secure, stable, united, inclusive and prosperous nation.
- India, it said, remained committed to its New Development Partnership according to the priorities of Afghanistan.
Indian Army team completes ocean sailing expedition successfully.
- An all arms Indian Army Ocean Sailing Team returned to Mumbai on Friday after successfully completing a 1,800 nautical miles sailing expedition.
- They sailed from Mumbai to Minicoy Island in Lakshadweep over the last 40 days.
- The team was flagged in at Mumbai by Lieutenant General Michael Mathews, Commandant of the Pune-based College of Military Engineering.
- The expedition team comprising of 18 officers, 3 junior commissioned officers and 14 other ranks was led by Lieutenant Colonel Karunakaran Adencherry.
Metro to run deeper into Noida, Ghaziabad by September.
- By September, Delhi Metro will open two new corridors connecting Dilshad Garden to Ghaziabad and Dwarka to Noida Extension.
- The one on the Blue Line would go ahead of Noida City Centre up to Electronic City.
- DMRC is also planning to connect the Dilshad Garden-New Bus Stand corridor to Vaishali by constructing a new corridor between Vaishali and Mohan Nagar.
India reaches out to African countries to counter China.
- India has reached out to several African countries through a slew of demand-driven projects over the last one week.
- New Delhi has signed off two major infrastructure projects in Zambia.
- The first supports Zambia’s hospitality industry and conference tourism by setting up the Mahatma Gandhi Convention Centre in Lusaka.
- The second big project, the Lusaka City Roads Decongestion Project, will be implemented with support from India.
Bullet train service expected to start by August 2022.
- The some of the details of the high-speed rail corridor as the mammoth project take shape and hopes to start by August 15, 2022.
- As per the willingness to pay study and other factors, we expect a fare of Rs 3000 or thereabouts for a trip between Ahmedabad and Mumbai.
- This makes it possibly among the cheapest bullet train rides in the world as the fares are calculated as 1.5 times higher than the prevailing AC-First Class fares.
Latest International Current Affairs April 14 Updates from around the globe.
Pentagon hires software guru, will focus on the F-35 jet.
- The US Department of Defense is hiring a software expert to help acquire new capabilities while spending 90 percent of his time working on software for the F-35 jet.
- While the sensor-laden F-35 jet program has software needs addressed, the program has other issues.
- The Pentagon confirmed the pause in acceptances the next day. Lord said the pause remained in effect as of Friday.
Nepal foreign minister to visit China.
- Nepal’s foreign minister Pradip Gyawali will make an official visit to China about a week after Prime Minister KP Oli’s state visit to India.
- Gyawali will be in China with a delegation from April 16 to 21 at the invitation of his Chinese counterpart Wang Yi.
- This is the first high-level visit from Nepal to China after the formation of the Oli government.
- Gyawali will meet Wang on Wednesday. Wang will host a luncheon in honour of Gyawali.
Pakistan PM inaugurates Neelum-Jhelum dam in PoK, rakes up Kashmir issue.
- Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi inaugurated the first unit of the Neelum-Jhelum hydroelectric project in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir.
- The first unit will produce 242 MW of electricity, and Abbasi told a ceremony in Muzaffarabad that the two other units of the project will be completed within two months.
- The project is expected to generate 5.15 billion units of electricity a year and annual revenues of about Rs 55 billion.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs April 14 updates by reading the news.
Infosys decides to sell subsidiary firm Panaya.
- Infosys today said it has decided to sell its subsidiary Panaya the Israeli firm whose acquisition became a contentious issue between the founders.
- The Bengaluru-based firm is also looking at offloading its other subsidiaries Kallidus and Skava.
- Accordingly, assets amounting to Rs 2,060 crore ($316 million) and liabilities amounting to Rs 324 crore.
Google to redesign Gmail for its web interface.
- Tech giant Google announced that it is working on revamping its email service, Gmail, for web users, and will be rolled out in the coming weeks.
- The company had sent out a mail to G Suite users informing them of the development of a new version of the email service.
- The revamp, which is taking place after several years, will also include a number of features, according to a TechCrunch.
Panasonic launches its AI-based Arbo Hub in India.
- Panasonic India on Friday unveiled the AI-powered “Arbo Hub” platform that gives users access to multiple apps and services.
- The company also announced it will launch its upcoming P85 NXT and Eluga Ray 710 devices with Arbo Hub built-in.
- The company has also partnered with online service providers such as Ola, AccuWeather, MobiKwik and GameStop to provide different platforms to its smartphone users.
- Arbo Hub will be rolled out for Eluga Ray 700 smartphone via an over the air update
Current Affairs April 14 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Bayern faces Real Madrid and Liverpool play Roma in Champions League semis.
- Defending champions Real Madrid will face Bayern Munich in the semi-finals of the Champions League while Liverpool plays AS Roma in a repeat of 1984 final.
- Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool side will host Roma at Anfield on April 24 in their first match.
- The second legs will be played in Madrid on May 1 and in Rome the following day.
Sanjeev Rajput wins gold in men’s 50m rifle 3 positions final.
- Sanjeev Rajput won India’s seventh gold medal in shooting on Saturday, finishing first in the final of the men’s 50m rifle 3 positions event at the CWG 2018.
- Rajput shot a Commonwealth Games record of 454.5 in the final to clinch his maiden Commonwealth Games gold medal.
- This is the first gold medal in CWG and third overall in these Games.
MC Mary Kom, Gaurav Solanki lead India’s boxing gold rush.
- MC Mary Kom and Gaurav Solanki continued India’s good showing at the 2018 Commonwealth Games on Saturday, winning gold medals in their respective weight categories.
- Mary Kom won her women’s 48 kg final vs Northern Ireland’s Kristina O’Hara on a unanimous judges decision, thus securing her maiden medal in the Commonwealth Games.
- Gaurav Solanki, meanwhile, beat another member of the Northern Ireland boxing contingent in Brendan Irvine in the final of the men’s 52 kg final bout.